Not all Automotive Repair and SMOG station license defense cases proceed to a formal administrative hearing. Occasionally license defense attorneys can obtain a settlement agreement with the Bureau of Automotive Repair before the formal administrative hearing, saving clients money in legal fees and providing a certain outcome.
The following mitigating factors may influence the Bureau of Automotive Repair’s willingness to settle:
- The client implemented BAR’s proposed resolution to a consumer complaint.
- The client provided restitution to the consumer
- The client voluntarily participated in retraining
- The client voluntarily purchased proper diagnostic equipment and/or manuals
- The client suffered from a medical condition that temporarily prevented him or her from supervising employees at the time of the violation
- The client has no history of prior disciplinary actions
- The violation was not part of a pattern
- The violation did not result in a loss to the consumer or damage to the vehicle
- The client implemented procedures or policies to prevent recurrence of the violation
- The client resolved consumer complaints with a change in business practice